Sunday, February 21, 2010

From the Design Desk, Jaipur, India


I recently returned from one of my regular 2 week trips to our Jaipur production studio. As always,my trip was productive and busy. On this trip, we started sampling new styles for summer as well as some one-of-a-kind styles for Kashmiri wool long coats. I'm excited to see the new styles in person as it were. I'm attaching some photos of the new summer styles as a sneak preview. These are style in cotton silk (the best of both worlds as the weave in one direction is cotton, in the other is silk--cool comfort plus silky luxury!) I'm also in the process of developing our overall brand, Mehera Shaw, into some smaller more specialized collections, including a luxe fabric collection of easy wear elegance, a hip, youth oriented collection, a men's line and an organic collection.

I'm also attaching a photo of our group of employees in Jaipur including our manager, pattern master, cutter and stitchers. These people do a fabulous job and really make Mehera Shaw what it is. As I have time, I will write more about my experiences working with them in Jaipur as I can't say enough positive tings about them and their focus and dedication.
From the Pink City,
Shari Keller
Designer,
Mehera Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fair Trade Ethical Clothing Green Business Green America Coop America